New Life is Hiring!
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Walpole, MA
Full-time - 40 hours per week – On-site
New Life Furniture Bank of MA (New Life) is a volunteer-driven organization making high-quality gently-used furniture and household essentials available to individuals and families transitioning out of homelessness, escaping domestic violence and victims of fire.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a critical position in recruiting, scheduling and stewarding volunteers’ journey in New Life.
· Work with the Executive Director and key volunteers to develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan to attract new volunteers and groups.
· Assist in opening up new areas of New Life operations for volunteers.
· Ensure minimum staffing for all shifts and special events by scheduling volunteers and filling in last-minute vacancies.
· Coordinate the scheduling and activities of volunteer groups.
· Ensure all volunteers are provided with training and support
· Manage and maintain all volunteer records.
· Implement an innovative retention program
· Understand and embrace New Life’s mission and values
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, outgoing, and self-starting
· Excellent public speaking, presentation, and written communication skills
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least two years of experience in human resources, volunteer management, or related activities
· Proficiency with MS Office and database management.
· Ability to understand, motivate, and encourage others to realize their potential.
· Ability to work periodic weekend or evening hours
Perform other tasks as needed